The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a SUPERVISORY FINANCIAL SERVICES SPECIALIST in Laughlin AFB, Texas Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
SUPERVISORY FINANCIAL SERVICES SPECIALIST – Laughlin AFB, Texas
Air Education and Training Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 389947Start Date: 01/12/2021End Date: 01/18/2021
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-11, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes knowledge of and management experience in providing fiscal oversight, analysis and advisory services for the operational budget and both appropriated (APF) and non-appropriated (NAF) fund activities; establishing policies and procedures for accomplishment of financial management assignments related to the receipt, disbursement, accounting for, and safeguarding of funds; providing guidance in the development and preparation of operating budgets, verifying accuracy and adequacy of data and reports budget execution; knowledge of the phases of the budgetary process: formulation, justification, presentation, enactment and execution. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-11 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-12 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. NOTE: Applicants applying as VEOA candidates who are current GS civil service employees or are prior GS civil service employees within the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of commonly used budgetary methods, practices, procedures, regulations, policies, and processes to formulate, justify, and execute budgets and financial goals in support of the mission, structure, goals, work processes, and programs of the organization.
2. Knowledge of the requirements, techniques, procedures, and practices of generally accepted accounting principles and standards.
3. Knowledge of safety, security, personnel management, and EEO regulations, practices, and procedures.
4. Knowledge of internal audit procedures to monitor financial services and establish internal controls.
5. Knowledge of federal contracting and procurement regulations, procedures, and practices.
6. Ability to plan, organize, and direct the functions and staff of a small to medium sized organization that performs a variety of different functions. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!