The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for an OPERATIONS PLANNING SPECIALIST in Barksdale AFB, Louisiana Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
OPERATIONS PLANNING SPECIALIST – Barksdale AFB, Louisiana
U.S. Air Force – Agency Wide, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 390796Start Date: 01/12/2021End Date: 01/19/2021
QUALIFICATIONS: In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions, Miscellaneous Administration and Program Series, 0301. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-11, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes knowledge of operational, training procedures, policies and guidelines, ability to collect and organize data, and ability to analyze plans and procedures, identify weaknesses, and resolve problems. In depth knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to center level issues or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of substantive military operations and program management in such areas as war, mobilization, deployment, exercise, command and control, bomber operations, special operations, or similar operations. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-11 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-12 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. NOTE: Applicants applying as VEOA candidates who are current GS civil service employees or are prior GS civil service employees within the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods to participate in the assessment and improvement of command level plans and programs for conducting major operations such as war, mobilization, deployment, PPBS, exercise, command and control, acquisition, weapon system/training device upgrade/modification, special operations, rescue, or similar operations. Prior experience with planning of substantive military air operations activities is highly desirable.
2. Knowledge of Air Force and command program goals and objectives; the sequence and timing of key operational events and milestones; methods of evaluating the effectiveness of planning actions related to actual events; and the relationship of the various command entities involved in overall program planning and execution of military operations and evaluations.
3. Knowledge of the application and/or operations of air and space power expertise as it applies to assigned programs, command and control, and relevant weapons and support systems.
4. Skill in designing and conducting comprehensive studies, and preparing solutions to resolve substantive problems and issues of effectiveness and efficiency of substantive military operations in a major command program.
5. Ability to plan, organize, and negotiate effectively with senior analysts and management to accept and implement recommendations, where proposals involve substantial resources, and require extensive changes in established concepts and procedures.
6. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; negotiate complex issues; and maintain good working relationships. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!