The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a HAZARDOUS MATERIAL INSPECTOR LEADER (MVO/FLO) in Elmendorf AFB, Alaska Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
HAZARDOUS MATERIAL INSPECTOR LEADER (MVO/FLO) – Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
Pacific Air Forces, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 389980Start Date: 01/12/2021End Date: 01/18/2021
In order to qualify, you must meet the quality level of experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook X-118C. QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C for the WG-7000, Packing and Processing Family, General Packing and Processing. Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most blue-collar positions, you must meet any screen-out element listed, and show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time. The screen out element for this position is the ability to do the work of an HAZARDOUS MATERIAL INSPECTOR LEADER (MVO/FLO) without more than normal supervision. JOB ELEMENTS: Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: Physical Effort:
Heavy lifting and carrying (45-79 pounds). Both hands are required. Hours of standing are more than 2 hours per
day. Hours of kneeling are ½ per day. Hours of repeated bending are ½ hours per day. Climbing, use of legs and
arms. Both legs are required. Near vision correctable at 13 inches to 16 inches to Jaeger 1 to 4. Far vision
correctable in one eye to 20/20 and 20/40 in the other eye. Both eyes required. Depth perception. Ability to
distinguish basis colors. Hearing must meet H1 hearing profile in applicable regulations. Ability for rapid mental
and muscular coordination simultaneously. Mental and emotional stability required. If it can be otherwise
accommodated a specific physical condition or impairment will not automatically disqualify a candidate. Working Conditions:
Work is done inside and outside in areas that may be hot, damp, cold, drafty, or poorly lighted. Employee is
regularly exposed to the possibility of cuts, scrapes, and bruises, falls from ladders, falling material, or injury from
equipment. May be exposed to dust, dirt, grease, solvents and high noise areas while working in a mechanized work
area, or radiation, toxins, explosives hazards or chemical fumes while working in a hazardous materials area. May
be required to wear protective clothing, such as hard hats, steel toed shoes, rubber gloves, masks and rubber aprons.
Works closely with others. 1. Working knowledge of a wide range of principles, processes, and techniques of trade(s) and/or craft(s)
2. Knowledge of safety regulations, practices, and procedures.
3. Knowledge of the use and maintenance of tools, equipment, and equipment common to trades and labor work
performed by the group being led.
4. Skill in performing the trade and /or labor work of the group being led.
5. Ability to lead a team of three or more labor or trade employees.
6. Ability to plan and organize work assignments to include determining resources required to accomplish mission. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!