The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The opening is for a Health Technician (Telehealth Clinical) in Rockford, Illinois Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Health Technician (Telehealth Clinical) – Rockford, Illinois
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 386975Start Date: 01/11/2021End Date: 01/19/2021
Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen
English Language: Must be proficient in basic written and spoken English.
Experience or Education: Must have one of the following to meet the basic requirement for this occupation at the GS-5 grade level:
Experience: One year of experience in a health care field that demonstrates my ability to perform the work or provides me with an understanding of the work such as, but not limited to, a medical or clinical assistant (or technician) or health technician.
Education: Four academic years above high school leading to a bachelor’s degree with courses related to the occupation (e.g., courses in medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, introduction to health records, etc.). Transcripts Required.
Combination: Equivalent combinations of experience and education such as six months of experience in the health care field and two years of education above high school that included as least six semester hours in health care related courses such as, biological science, surgical technician courses, nursing assistant, or other courses related to the position; or an associate’s degree in a health care related field; OR, Six months of experience in the health care field and successful completion of a course for health care technicians, hospital corpsmen, or medical service specialists given by the U.S. Armed Forces. Transcripts Required. In addition to the above, candidates must meet the following to qualify at the GS-6 grade level: GS-6 GRADE LEVEL REQUIREMENTS: One full year of experience as a Health Technician – Telehealth Clinical at the next lower level (GS-5) which demonstrates the KSAs related to the duties of the position to be filled. Experience would consist of the following: Scheduling telehealth appointments using an electronic scheduling system; obtaining and documenting patient history and pertinent clinical information in electronic medical records; prepares the telehealth room where the HT readies the equipment for examination, establishes video conferencing connections, makes introductions between patient site and provider site; monitors and maintains electronic schedule of rooms, patients, technologies, and presenters; administers the patient satisfaction survey; cleans and performs minor routine maintenance of assigned telehealth technology. In addition, candidates must demonstrate the following KSAs:
(1) Comprehensive knowledge of computer systems and programs to perform a variety of tasks;
(2) Ability to communicate, consult, and interact with other members of the healthcare team, external relations, customer service and patient education;
(3) Ability to provide and receive guidance and technical direction;
(4) Ability to plan, organize, set priorities, work as a team member, and effectively complete assignments;
(5) Ability to read, interpret, and apply complex written instructions;
(6) Knowledge of general clinical policies and procedures in a healthcare environment;
(7) Skilled in the use of telehealth technologies for the facilitation of telehealth clinical encounters. References: VA Handbook 5005/96 Part II Appendix G50 Health Technician (Telehealth Clinical) GS-0640, dated 2/7/2018. The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-6. The actual grade at which an applicant may be selected for this vacancy is in the range of GS-5 to GS-6. Physical Requirements: The work requires some physical exertion such as prolonged periods of standing, bending, reaching, crouching, stooping, stretching, and lifting moderately heavy items such as manuals, record boxes, equipment or assisting patients. The work requires above average agility and dexterity. The incumbent may be required to travel between 7 VA and/or Non-VA clinical care sites and possession of a valid driver’s license may be required.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!