INDIANAPOLIS – A veteran-owned sanitizer company based in Indianapolis announced changes to their Sanitizer Exchange Program today, due to the recent surge in COVID-19 cases across the state of Indiana.
Officials with SaniGo said the first-of-its-kind program in Indianapolis, which was planned for each Friday through the end of 2020, needed to be halted due to safety concerns for staff and customers.
SaniGo established the city’s first Sanitizer Exchange Program earlier this year as a response to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) recalled hand sanitizer list topping 200.
While no longer available during the exchange program, SaniGo is still in stock online, with curbside pickup options available to the Indianapolis area.
SaniGo Sanitizer is made with 75 percent isopropyl alcohol, formulated in accordance with FDA, and World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines, and is safe for anyone over the age of two months.
As of Dec. 1 the FDA had recalled 215 toxic hand sanitizers, most of which contain potential methanol or propanol contamination. According to and FDA report on July 20, the agency has seen a sharp increase in products labeled to contain ethanol, but have tested positive for methanol contamination.
SaniGo Business Development Manager Jordan Mendenhall said the company will consider starting the exchange program again, once COVID-19 cases have stopped climbing so drastically.
For more information about SaniGo, visit the their website HERE.
Want more news? Check out these other LemonWire headlines: