The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a CONTRACT SPECIALIST in Lackland AFB, Texas Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
CONTRACT SPECIALIST – Lackland AFB, Texas
U.S. Air Force – Agency Wide, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 364491Start Date: 11/19/2020End Date: 12/03/2020
This is a GG-12 position in the Defense Civilian Intelligence personnel System (DCIPS). The GG-12 duties for the “Professional” work category are at the “Full Performance” work level and are equivalent to those at the GS-12 level. The selectee’s salary will be set within the grade equivalent to a GS/GG grade based on the selectee’s qualifications in relation to the job. BASIC REQUIREMENT OR INDIVIDUAL OCCUPATIONAL REQUIREMENT: A 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor’s degree with a major in any field.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience are qualifying for all grade levels for which both education and experience are acceptable. Graduate Education. To qualify for GS-1102 positions on the basis of graduate education, graduate education in one or a combination of the following fields is required: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. Note – For positions at GS-7 through GS-12, applicants who are qualifying based on experience must possess at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to work at the next lower level, that provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the work of the position, in addition to meeting the basic requirements in paragraph A or B, above. Exceptions: Employees in GS-1102 positions will be considered to have met the standard for positions they occupy on January 1, 2000. Employees who occupy GS-1102 positions at grades 5 through 12 will be considered to meet the basic requirements for other GS-1102 positions up to and including those classified at GS-12. This includes positions at other agencies and promotions up through grade 12. However, employees must meet specialized experience requirements when seeking another position. In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below: SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Your resume must reflect the quality level of experience which demonstrates the possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies necessary for successful job performance required for this position. Examples of creditable experience include:
Knowledge of government and agency specific guidelines and business practices, including statutes, regulations, policies and procedures and the different contract types.
https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/1100/contracting-series-1102/ KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of government and agency specific guidelines and business practices, including statutes, regulations, policies and procedures and the different contract types.
2. Broad knowledge of business practices and market conditions applicable to acquisition requirements.
3. Knowledge of preparing solicitations containing appropriate provisions, clauses, and terms to develop appropriate evaluation criteria. Knowledge of assigned contracting and procurement specializations and applicable contract types.
4. Ability to evaluate responses to solicitations for price reasonableness, compliance with terms/conditions/adequacy of competition and obtains satisfactory review of compliance with solicitation technical requirements.
5. Ability to recognize and analyze problems, conduct research, summarize results, and make appropriate recommendations. Ability to use office automation tools and techniques to support contracting operations.
6. Competent ability to communicate orally and in writing; ability to negotiate, plan, organize and meet deadlines. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!