The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for an AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE MANAGER in Tinker AFB, Oklahoma Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE MANAGER – Tinker AFB, Oklahoma
Headquarters, Air Force Reserve Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 362858Start Date: 11/16/2020End Date: 11/23/2020
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-12) or equivalent. Specialized experience which includes having comprehensive and detailed knowledge of planning, directing, organizing, coordinating maintenance activities and funding of aircraft maintenance functions. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the GS-12 or above grade/level or equivalent position in the federal service. Federal Time-In-Grade (TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the next lower grade level or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Comprehensive and detailed knowledge of aircraft maintenance functions.
2. Knowledge of safety and security regulations, practices, and procedures.
3. Ability to plan, organize, and direct the functions and mentor, motivate, and appraise a highly diverse staff and workforce through subordinate supervisors.
4. Ability to analyze, plan, and adjust work operations of several organizational segments to meet program requirements and objectives within available resources.
5. Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in relations with individuals, groups, and unit organizations.
6. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing. Other significant facts pertaining to this position are:
1. This is an ART position. The incumbent is required to meet and maintain Air Force Reserve requirements. Work schedule will be aligned to allow incumbent to fully participate in unit training assemblies. The incumbent’s regular assignments are primarily ART duties; however, the incumbent may also be assigned some non-ART duties, generally not to exceed 30 percent of total responsibilities. The incumbent may be required to fly in commercial or military aircraft for performance of TOY.
2. Incumbent must be willing to move/transfer to another unit/ location on a lateral or promotion as directed by HQAFRC.
3. This is a key management position in which the incumbent is required to formulate, determine or influence training policies of the unit to which assigned.
4. The incumbent must possess demonstrated leadership and managerial abilities essential to successful accomplishment of the respansibilities inherent in a senior command position PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!