The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The opening is for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)- Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) in Bloomington, Illinois Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)- Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) – Bloomington, Illinois
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 357086Start Date: 11/05/2020End Date: 11/27/2020
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement. Basic Requirements:·
Citizenship: Must be a Citizen of the United States. Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
English Language Proficiency: Must be proficient in spoken and written English as required by 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), and 7407(d).Education: Must be a graduate of a school of practical or vocational nursing approved by the appropriate State agency and/or accredited by the National League for Nursing (Accrediting Commission (NLNAC)
at the time the program was completed by the applicant. (TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED)
Licensure: Must possess a Full, active, current and unrestricted licensure as a licensed practical or vocational nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or District of Columbia. (COPY OF LICENSE REQUIRED) In addition to meeting the basic requirements, you must meet the following GRADE REQUIREMENTS: GS-6:
Must have completion of at least one (1) year of additional qualifying experience at the GS-5 level or equivalent, fully meeting all performance requirements for the GS-5 LPN/LVN that includes:
1.Technically proficient in initiating, performing and completing assigned duties in providing care to variable patient populations.
2. Knowledge and ability to appropriately carry out assigned patient care based on the patients’ conditions; to use judgment in selecting the appropriate order and sequence of procedures and treatments; and to accurately recognize, report and record relevant patient information. Completed work should need only a general review by a registered nurse (RN) or physician (MD/DO) for appropriateness and conformity with established policies/procedures.
3. Ability to observe, identify and respond to the patient’s needs for care, including medication, equipment-assisted care and patient/family education. In organizing and delivering care, the LPN/LVN recognizes and considers emotional, cultural, spiritual, socio-economic, and age-related factors.
4. Prepares and administers prescribed medications (oral, topical, subcutaneous, intramuscular and/or intravenous) and performs treatments according to established policies/procedures. Observes for physical and/or emotional changes in patient’s condition from prescribed medications/treatments, promptly and accurately documenting noted changes, and reporting any deviations from normal to RN or MD/DO.
5. Knowledge and ability to recognize urgent or emergent patient care situations, seek assistance of the RN and/or MD/DO, and initiate appropriate emergency interventions as directed.
6. Knowledge and understanding of human behavior, patient motivations and reactions to situations, and ability to appropriately utilize this knowledge in working effectively with patients, family members, and other staff.
7. Establishes constructive relationships with individual patients and their families to elicit feelings and attitudes, and to promote positive relationships, communication and socialization skills. Fosters an environment of respect for individual patient and family rights to privacy and dignity in all aspects of care delivery. Effectively incorporates knowledge and understanding of established customer service standards in all interactions with patients, family members, and/or other internal/external customers.
8. Knowledge and skill in performing support duties for complex diagnostic tests and/or specialized practices or procedures, which include preparing the patient, assisting in the diagnostic examination, preparing and handling specialized instruments or other specialized equipment, and monitoring the patient’s condition before, during, and following the procedure. Serves as a preceptor in orienting, educating, and training less experienced LPNs/LVNs or NAs/HTs related to support duties for these more complex, specialized tests/procedures.
9. Actively seeks out educational opportunities to enhance nursing knowledge and skills, sharing new knowledge gained with other staff to improve and advance nursing practice. Preferred Experience: LPN clinical office work. Required to draw labs and cover for other Nursing PACT team members. References: VA HANDBOOK 5005/3, PART II, APPENDIX G13. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-6. Physical Requirements: This position requires visual acuity, keen hearing, clear distinctive speech, and manual dexterity. This position requires potentially long periods of continues walking, standing, stooping, sitting, bending, pulling, and pushing. Transferring patient and objects may be required. The incumbent may be exposed to infected patients and contaminated materials and may be required to don protective clothing in isolation situations or operative / invasive procedures. The incumbent may occasionally be exposed to veterans who are combative secondary to delirium, dementia, or psychiatric disorders. The incumbent must be a mature, flexible, sensible individual capable of working effectively in stressful situations, able to shift priorities based on patient needs. Must complete annual Employee Health requirements, such as annual TB screening or testing, as a condition of employment.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!