The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a SUPERVISORY EDUCATIONAL TECHNICIAN (CHILD DEVELOPMENT) in Hurlburt Field, Florida Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
SUPERVISORY EDUCATIONAL TECHNICIAN (CHILD DEVELOPMENT) – Hurlburt Field, Florida
U.S. Air Force – Agency Wide, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 349891Start Date: 10/26/2020End Date: 11/02/2020
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Clerical and Administrative Support Positions. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-05, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes planning and performing a wide variety of interrelated child care assignments such as staffing requirements, safety, sanitation, the USDA food program and National Association of the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) accreditation; early childhood development theory, concepts and practices relating to physical, intellectual, social, and nutritional development of early childhood development encompassing infants through school age children. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the GS-05 grade/level position or equivalent in the federal service. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-05 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-06 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of Child Development regulations, procedures, and processes.
2. Knowledge of early child development theory, methodology, and practices relating to physical, cognitive, social, and emotional development.
3. Knowledge of Child Development Center regulations, programs, and operations.
4. Skill to develop creative and innovative activity and special program plans. Skill to promote and foster effective working relationships with others and to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
5. Skill to ensure the safety and hygiene of children through constant supervision, effective arrangement of space, and proper management of equipment.
6. Ability to plan, organize, and direct the functions and mentor, motivate, and appraise the staff of an organization through subordinate classroom lead technicians. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!