The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a SUPERVISORY CONTRACT SPECIALIST in McConnell AFB, Kansas Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
SUPERVISORY CONTRACT SPECIALIST – McConnell AFB, Kansas
Air Mobility Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 348383Start Date: 10/22/2020End Date: 11/06/2020
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the 10 United States Code (USC) and DoD Instruction (DoDI) 5000.66, Defense Acquisition Workforce Education, Training, Experience, and Career Development, effective July 27, 2017.
FY 2020 National Defense Authorization Act. Section 861(b) of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2020 (Public Law 116-92) amended section 1724 of title 10, United States Code and The Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS) BASIC REQUIREMENT OR INDIVIDUAL OCCUPATIONAL REQUIREMENT: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees. In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below: Have at least two years of experience in a contracting position; and Have completed all contracting courses required for a contracting officer for positions at the level and grade at which the person is serving. Certification at this level is sufficient to meet this standard. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-12, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes basic education requirements above, one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression is qualifying for positions (or equivalent) and above. Specialized experience must have equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position to be filled. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-12 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-13 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of the full range of federal contracting laws, regulations, policies, practices, methods, and contract types.
2. Knowledge of a wide range of business practices and market conditions applicable to program and technical requirements.
3. Skill in fact-finding, contract analysis and pricing techniques, problem resolution, and development of concrete action plans to solve problems.
4. Ability to plan, organize, and direct the functions and staff of a moderate sized organization.
5. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, clearly, concisely and with technical accuracy.
6. Ability to establish effective working relationships with others. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!