The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Homeland Security. The opening is for an International Regional Affairs Advisor in Arlington, Virginia Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
International Regional Affairs Advisor – Arlington, Virginia
Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, Department of Homeland Security
Job ID: 340280Start Date: 10/06/2020End Date: 10/20/2020
You qualify for the GS-13 grade level, if you possess one year of specialized experience at the GS-12 grade level performing the following duties: 1. Tracking and coordinating responses to international and strategy-based tasks assigned to the organization;
2. Implementing international policies and initiatives that support the organizational mission;
3. Working with organizational components to ensure international objectives are aligned; and
4. Representing and coordinating work for international engagements across the organization You qualify for the GS-14 grade level, if you possess one year of specialized experience at the GS-13 grade level performing the following duties: 1. Analyzing and reporting on the organization’s international engagements;
2. Contributing to the development of international engagement strategy and policies that support the organizational mission;
3. Ensuring that activities and engagements further the organization’s international strategic priorities; and
4. Working with internal and external stakeholders to promote international initiatives. NOTE: Your resume must support your responses to the online questionnaire, the qualification and time-in-grade requirements. Failure to do so will result in an ineligible rating. Time-in-Grade Requirements: Under competitive merit promotion procedures, any individual who is currently holding, or who has held within the previous 52 weeks, a General Schedule position under a non-temporary appointment in the competitive or excepted service, must meet “time-in-grade” requirements (have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade of the grade for which you are applying). NOTE: Current and former employees MUST submit a copy of their SF-50 Form which shows competitive service appointment (“position occupied” block 34 on the SF-50 should show a “1”), tenure group (block 24 should show a 1 or 2), grade, and salary. If you are applying for a higher grade, please provide the SF-50 Form which shows the length of time you have been in your current/highest grade (examples of appropriate SF50s include appointment, reassignment, with-in grade/range increases and promotion actions). Please note: Pay adjustments and awards do not include the length of time in your current position, therefore, they are NOT acceptable. If you have promotion potential in your current position, please provide proof. Employees applying with an interchange agreement must provide proof of their permanent appointment. You MUST meet all qualification requirements, including Time-in-Grade, by the closing date of this announcement. Qualification AND time-in-grade claims will be subject to verification. NOTE: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!