The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Defense. The opening is for an Instructional Systems Specialist (Math PK-5) in Naples, Italy Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Instructional Systems Specialist (Math PK-5) – Naples, Italy
Department of Defense Education Activity, Department of Defense
Job ID: 341237Start Date: 10/14/2020End Date: 10/23/2020
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities. Military Spouse Preference (MSP) for Overseas Employment In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Minimum Education Requirement: A Master’s degree in the field of Education. The course work must have been completed at or accepted by a regionally accredited U.S. college or university. The undergraduate/graduate course work must have included study in at least three of the following five areas:
1. Learning theory, psychology of learning, educational psychology: Study of learning theories as they relate to the systematic design, development, and validation of instructional material.
2. Instructional design practices: Study of the principles and techniques used in designing training programs, developing design strategy and models, and applying design methods to the improvement of instructional effectiveness.
3. Educational evaluation: Study of the techniques for evaluating the effectiveness of instructional/educational programs, including developing written and performance tests and survey instruments, and determining reliability and validity of evaluation instruments.
4. Instructional product development: Study of the techniques appropriate for developing training materials, including identifying learner characteristics, specifying objectives, applying training strategy, validating training materials, and evaluating training.
5. Computers in education and training: Study of the application of computers in education and training. Specialized Experience Requirement (5 years): Specialized experience is experience gained in teaching, educational research, development of educational materials and aids, educational testing, educational administration, or comparable activities in an elementary and/or secondary school, which has clearly demonstrated success in the application of principles, methods, and techniques of education and familiarity with current developments in PreK-12th grade education and training. This experience must have been in Mathematics grades PK-5. Professional Licensure/Certification Requirement: Applicants must be currently certified or certifiable under the current DoDEA standards as a Teacher, Pre-Kindergarten (category 0090) or Kindergarten (category 0095) or elementary (categories 0101, 0102 or 0103). A minimum of 12 semester hours of undergraduate or graduate level course work in mathematics is required. Information on DoDEA teaching categories and requirements is located at: https://www.dodea.edu/Offices/HR/employment/categories/ You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
Instructional and Performance Support TechnologyInstructional Materials & Curriculum DevelopmentInstructional Program AdministrationInstructional Program Evaluation
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!