The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The opening is for a Social Worker – Patient Aligned Care Team in Danville, Illinois Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Social Worker – Patient Aligned Care Team – Danville, Illinois
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 325623Start Date: 09/25/2020End Date: 09/29/2020
Basic Requirements: United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy. English Language Proficiency: Social workers must be proficient in spoken and written English in accordance with VA Handbook 5005, Part II, chapter 3, section A, paragraph 3j. Education: Must have a Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW) from a school of social work fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). Graduates of schools of social work that are in candidacy status do not meet this requirement until the school of social work is fully accredited. A doctoral degree in social work may not be substituted for the master’s degree in social work. (TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED) Licensure: Must be licensed or certified by a state to independently practice social work at the master’s degree level. (COPY OF LICENSE REQUIRED) GS-11 Level: In addition to the basic requirements, you must have a minimum of one year of post-MSW degree experience in the field of health care social work (VA or non-VA experience).
Doctoral degree in social work from a school of social work may be substituted for the required one year of professional social work experience in a clinical setting. (TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED)
You must demonstrate all of the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1) Knowledge of community resources, how to make appropriate referrals to community and other governmental agencies for services, and ability to coordinate services.
2) Skill in independently conducting psychosocial assessments and treatment interventions to a wide variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural, ethnic, educational and other diversified backgrounds.
3) Knowledge of medical and mental health diagnoses, disabilities and treatment procedures (i.e. acute, chronic and traumatic illnesses/injuries, common medications and their effects/side effects, and medical terminology) to formulate a treatment plan.
4) Skill in independently implementing different treatment modalities in working with individuals, families, and groups who are experiencing a variety of psychiatric, medical, and social problems to achieve treatment goals.
5) Ability to provide consultation services to new social workers, social work graduate students, and other staff about the psychosocial needs of patients and the impact of psychosocial problems on health care and compliance with treatment. References: VA Handbook 5005/120 Part II Appendix G39 Social Worker Qualification Standard The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-11.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!