The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for an UNIT PROGRAM COORDINATOR in Columbus AFB, Mississippi Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
UNIT PROGRAM COORDINATOR – Columbus AFB, Mississippi
Air Education and Training Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 325597Start Date: 09/16/2020End Date: 09/22/2020
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Clerical and Administrative Support Positions. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-05, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience include knowledge of an extensive body of policies and procedures governing the overall unit administrative and orderly room operation; knowledge of various steps and procedures needed to perform duties, to ensure all actions are accomplished and if problems exist, to identify other alternatives as needed; knowledge of standard processes and procedures for evaluating program efficiency to implement processes to prove programs; knowledge of duties, priorities, commitments, policies, and program goals of the organization sufficient to perform non-routine assignments, such as independently noting and following-up on commitments made at meetings/conferences; advising others on preparing correspondence, requirements for various reports, and interpreting new instructions and procedures; or locating and summarizing information from files and documents that requires recognizing which information is or is not relevant to the problem at hand. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-05 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-06 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of the organizational and functional responsibilities and operations of an organization.
2. Knowledge of various office automation software programs, tools, and techniques to support office operations and produce a variety of documents such as letters, reports, spreadsheets, databases, and graphs.
3. Skill in fact-finding, problem analysis, problem resolutions, and development of concrete action plans to solve problems.
4. Ability to gather, analyze, and present facts, communicate effectively, using tact and courtesy and possess the ability to plan, organize work, and meet deadlines.
5. Ability to plan and organize management programs and functions of an organization.
6. Ability to fact-find, analyze and resolve problems, and develop concrete action plans to solve problems. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!