The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The opening is for a Medical Instrument Technician (US and Vascular US) (External) in Salt Lake City, Utah Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Medical Instrument Technician (US and Vascular US) (External) – Salt Lake City, Utah
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 325224Start Date: 09/14/2020End Date: 10/02/2020
Basic Requirements: United States Citizenship. Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy. English Language Proficiency. Medical Instrument Technicians must be proficient in spoken and written English in accordance with VA Policy. Experience: At least 1 year of experience comparable to the GS-08 grade level, which is directly related to the duties of the position to be filled, and must fully meet the KSAs (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities) at that level. This would be specialized experience which demonstrates possession of the knowledge required in order to provide all aspects of diagnostic ultrasonography services including:
1. Ability to perform diagnostic ultrasound examination on multiple areas of the body, including, but not limited to, the abdomen, pelvis, transvaginal, chest, small parts, thyroid, breast, and scrotum.
2. Ability to perform vascular studies such as vertebral, renal artery, aortic aneurysm, portal-systemic shunts, etc.
3. Ability to assist radiologists with biopsy procedures determining the location, depth, and required needle angle for the lesion to be sampled.
4. Ability to assist in surgical procedures and fluid aspirations. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate the following technical KSAs and the potential to acquire the assignment specific KSAs designated by an asterisk (*):
1. Knowledge of the more complex examination and treatment procedures and techniques in order to provide training and supervision in these procedures, to evaluate and initiate performance improvement projects, and to write policies, procedures, and protocols that pertain to diagnostic ultrasonography.
*2. Knowledge of JCAHO and other regulatory requirements.
3. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with employees at varying grade levels.
*4. Ability to manage and supervise employees.
*5. Ability to provide, or provide for, staff development and training. Certification: Registration by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) or by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) is highly desirable. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications are also desirable.
RVT and AB certification preferred. References: VA Handbook 5005/15, Part II, Appendix G27 The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-09. The actual grade at which an applicant may be selected for this vacancy is GS-09. Physical Requirements: Heavy lifting (45 lbs and over); moderate carrying (15-44 lbs); straight pulling (up to 0.5 hour); pushing (0.5 hour); reaching above shoulder; use of fingers; both hands required; walking (up to 4 hours); standing (up to 4 hours); repeated bending (up to 4 hours); both legs required; ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; near vision correctable at 13″to 16″; far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and 20/40 in the other; specific visual requirement; both eyes required; depth perception; ability to distinguish basic colors; ability to distinguish shades of colors; hearing without aid; rotate trunk side to side; tactile sensations (hot/cold); rotate forearms; and sit for 50+ minutes; no pacemaker. Environmental Factors: Constant noise; unusual fatigue factors (on call requirement); working closely with others; working alone; protracted or irregular hours of work and magnetic fields/radiowaves.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!