The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for an AIRCRAFT ORDNANCE SYSTEMS MECHANIC (T32) in Montgomery, Alabama Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
AIRCRAFT ORDNANCE SYSTEMS MECHANIC (T32) – Montgomery, Alabama
Air National Guard Units, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 319440Start Date: 09/03/2020End Date: 10/04/2020
Military Requirements: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Alabama Air National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Alabama Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact an Alabama Air National Guard recruiter at 800-864-6264 prior to applying for this position. Minimum Military Rank: A1C
Maximum Military Rank: TSgt
*Other Requirements: For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state driver’s license. EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Each applicant must fully substantiate (in his/her own words) that he/she meets the requirements of the Specialized Experience listed below: Otherwise, the applicant will be considered unqualified for this position. DO NOT COPY THE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT OR THE POSITION DESCRIPTION. GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience or training which demonstrates the applicant’s ability to repair malfunctions of ordnance equipment and components. Ability to use sketches, electrical diagrams, technical specifications and engineering drawings. Experience which demonstrates skill in the use of test equipment to make electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic checks. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must possess at least 18 months in each of the following tasks: Experience or training in planning and layout of repair sequence and ability to complete modification, repair and installation of ordnance systems. Experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting malfunctions and determining remedy where complex relationships exist. Experience in hand tools and a limited number of measuring equipment. Experience in the use of a variety of test equipment. Experience in interpreting technical directions, blueprints, sketches, wiring diagrams and manufacturer’s specifications. SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE: – Knowledge and appropriate training in functions of inspection, maintenance, installation, modification and repair of air munitions launch, release, suspension systems, R/F electronic countermeasures system and aircraft gun systems.
– Comprehensive knowledge and skill in troubleshooting procedures, diagnosing problems and determining corrective action in the aircraft ordnance electronic systems.
– Knowledge and skill to troubleshoot, repair, modify, or remove equipment and components such as gun systems, bomb racks, pylons, and the Ammunition Loading Systems (UALS/ALS).
– Knowledge and ability to interpret and trace schematic, logic and wiring diagrams and use a wide variety of test, measurement and diagnostic equipment (TMDE). Ability to perform algebraic and trigonometric formulas to solve work related problems.
– Operational knowledge and skill in the operation, interrelationship and interdependent aspects of each ordnance system within the total complex aircraft electronic system(s) within fighter aircraft. Has extensive knowledge of each system’s prerequisites, sequential events, and logic flow and signal input/output requirements for successful target acquisition, lock-on, launch and delivery of air-to-air and air-to-ground weapons.
– Knowledge of the principals of digital and analog circuits, synchro-electro-mechanical devices, solid-state devices theory, digital techniques /servo operation and circuit theory.
– Comprehensive knowledge and skill to exercise judgment and to apply electronic theories and practices to identify, isolate, and repair malfunctions in individual subsystems of complex electronic systems.
– Knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and optical principals.
– Skill in operating assigned computer systems to document job data and to operate and run test equipment.
– Skilled in high reliability soldering techniques and electrostatic discharge protective techniques is required.
– Knowledge of the Technical Order Distribution System and other technical publications and directives relating to work requirements.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!