The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a HEALTH SYSTEMS SPECIALIST in Goodfellow AFB, Texas Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
HEALTH SYSTEMS SPECIALIST – Goodfellow AFB, Texas
Air Education and Training Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 311897Start Date: 08/21/2020End Date: 09/03/2020
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-07, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes knowledge of MTF operations to include its organization, staffing, fiscal policies and management, physical plant, internal and external driving policies, as well as interrelationships of flights, elements, and services; practical knowledge of Clinical Quality Management, Performance Improvement, Risk Management; knowledge of Accreditation and Credentialing principles, practices, procedures and standards; knowledge of medical and medico-legal terminology; knowledge and understanding of MTF operations to include its organization, staffing, fiscal policies and management, physical plant, internal and external driving policies, as well as interrelationships of flights, elements, and services; knowledge of methods for preservation, protection, and security of quality-protected materials and other legal evidence. (NOTE: This same experience must be well-described in the application/resume that you complete and submit in addition to answering this questionnaire.) OR
Education: Master’s or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position such as hospital administration, public health administration, or related fields such as business or public administration with course work in health care administration. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts. OR
LL.B. or J.D., if related. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts. OR
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-07 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-09 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of the missions, organizations, programs, and requirements of healthcare delivery systems and the relationships of Performance Improvement, Risk Management, and Professional Staff Management within the AFMS.
2. Knowledge of regulations and directives from Department of Defense Health Affairs, Defense Health Agency (DHA), HQ USAF SG and MAJCOMs along with knowledge of regulatory agencies’ standards, including requirements for accreditation promulgated by civilian accreditation agency and standards certification of PCMH/AFMH practices.
3. Practical knowledge of claims management and judge advocate claims investigatory processes.
4. Knowledge of the Credentials and Privileging Process and associated regulatory guidance and of individual states medical licensing boards, national medical certifying boards, and other agency requirements regarding licensing and certification.
5. Skill and ability to collect and analyze clinical quality data, and report results of continuous monitoring activities for use in organizational decision-making.
6. Ability to prepare and assist in training sessions to educate healthcare staff in areas of quality management and performance improvement and to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!