Today’s post is Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani (2013) – A Complete Analysis. Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani (2013) is the story of a man, who chases his dreams, only to realize that he was chasing a mirage.
Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani (2013) – A Complete Analysis
- Kabir’s (Ranbir Kapoor) character disgusts. No decent girl will fall in love with him because he keeps flirting with all glamorous girls. Ok, fine. He teaches Naina to enjoy every moment of life. But, love? I am not really sure.
- I am reminded of Robert Frost’s poem The Road Not Taken after watching Kabir’s predicament. Kabir follows his heart and tries to achieve his dreams of traveling the world as a journalist. But, he does not achieve real happiness and true fulfillment that lies in the togetherness with loved ones.
- There are hints of vulgarity through words like via Agra in the first song itself – Ladke o re Ladke… The dance choreography is also vulgar at times in this song.
- There is no mention of a girlfriend from Delhi. So, there is no connection between the song Dilliwali girlfriend… and the given situation of the wedding. Today, there is a dearth of meaningful songs, which were prevalent in older times.
- I loved the songs – Subhanallah… and Balam pichkari…