The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a SECRETARY (OFFICE AUTOMATION) in Warren AFB, Wyoming Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
SECRETARY (OFFICE AUTOMATION) – Warren AFB, Wyoming
U.S. Air Force – Agency Wide, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 301957Start Date: 08/05/2020End Date: 08/18/2020
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Clerical and Administrative Support Positions for GS-0318, Secretary Series SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-05, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes performing duties, priorities, commitments, policies, and program goals of the organization sufficient to perform nonroutine assignments, such as independently noting and following-up on commitments made at meetings/conferences;shifting clerical staff in subordinate offices to respond to fluctuating workloads; advising other clerical staff on preparing correspondence, requirements for various reports, and interpreting new instructions and procedures; or locating and summarizing information from files and documents that requires recognizing which information is or is not relevant to the problem at hand. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-05 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-06 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of extensive rules, procedures, operations, functions, and commitments applied to secretarial and clerical assignments to perform the procedural and administrative work of the office, such as screening calls and visitors,maintaining supervisor’s calendar, preparing, reviewing and editing documents, locating and assembling information for various reports, maintaining files/records, and making and preparing travel arrangements.
2. Knowledge of correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and format to accurately prepare and edit written correspondence and reports, and transcribed material.
3. Knowledge of various office automation software programs, tools, and techniques to support office operations and produce a variety of documents such as letters, reports, spreadsheets, databases, and graphs.
4. Skill in typing; a qualified typist is required.
5. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!