The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The opening is for a Physical Therapist in Bemidji, Minnesota Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Physical Therapist – Bemidji, Minnesota
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 301046Start Date: 07/31/2020End Date: 08/14/2020
Applicants pending the completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met. Basic Requirements: United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy. Education and experience: The individual must meet at least one of the requirements below: (1) Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy AND five years of progressively independent experience as a physical therapist OR
(2) Master’s degree in Physical Therapy AND two years of progressively independent experience as a physical therapist OR
(3) Doctorate degree in physical therapy.
Individuals must be a graduate of a Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) accredited college or university. Licensure: Individuals hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice physical therapy in a State, Territory or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia. Non-licensed PTs, who otherwise meet the basic requirements in this standard, may be given a temporary appointment as a graduate PT at the GS-11 grade level under the authority of 38 U.S.C. 7405 (a)(1)(D) for a period not-to-exceed two years from the date of employment on the condition that such PT provide care only under the supervision of a PT who is licensed. Failure to obtain licensure during that period is justification for termination of the temporary appointment. May qualify based on being covered by the Grandfathering Provision as described in the VA Qualification Standard for this occupation (only applicable to current VHA employees who are in this occupation). Preferred Experience: Two years experience in Outpatient Clinic with focus including musculoskeletal/orthopedic practice. Grade Determinations:
GS-11 Physical Therapist (Entry)
Education, Experience, and Licensure. None beyond the basic requirements. GS-12 Physical Therapist (Full Performance Level) Education, Experience and Licensure. In addition to the basic requirements, candidates must possess one year of experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level, hold a valid unrestricted state license and demonstrate all the KSAs below:
Demonstrated Knowledge Skills and Abilities: 1. Ability to make autonomous clinical decisions in a Direct Access environment. This includes ability to independently evaluate and treat patients who seek physical therapy services.
2. Skill in performing examinations and evaluations of individuals who have or may develop impairments, activity limitations, and participation restrictions related to conditions of the musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, cardiovascular, pulmonary, and/or integumentary systems while considering the effects attributable to unique psychosocial and environmental factors.
3. Ability to interpret findings from examination and evaluation, select appropriate test and measures, and integrate findings into the physical therapy plan of care for the full range of patient populations.
4. Ability to establish a diagnosis within the scope of physical therapy and identify the appropriate rehabilitation intervention, including referral to another provider for further consultation as clinically indicated.
5. Ability to determine physical therapy prognosis by incorporating examination findings with the patient’s preferences in order to set clinically appropriate treatment goals, optimize outcomes and maximize functional independence.
6. Ability to independently provide clinical oversight of Physical Therapy Assistants as well as students on clinical affiliations who are in Doctoral PT Programs or PTA Programs. References: VA Handbook 5005/99 Part II Appendix G12 Physical Therapist Qualification Standard available at http://vaww.va.gov/OHRM/Directives-Handbooks/Documents/5005.pdf The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-12. The actual grade at which an applicant may be selected for this vacancy is in the range of GS-11 to GS-12. Physical Requirements: This position requires light to heavy lifting, carrying, visual acuity, keen hearing, clear distinctive speech, and manual dexterity. This position also requires potentially long periods of continued walking, standing, stooping, sitting, bending, pulling, kneeling, and pushing. Transferring Veterans and objects may be required.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!