Today’s post is Chameli Ki Shaadi (1986) – A Complete Analysis. Chameli Ki Shaadi (1986) is the story of how Chameli, a failure in school; gets married to Charandas, a school dropout, wannabe wrestler and a good-for-nothing – both coming from different castes.
Chameli Ki Shaadi (1986) – A Complete Analysis
- Chameli (Amrita Singh) is shown to be a Tom Boy. But, her dress and dance in Utar aayi akhade mein… degrades women. I wonder how a movie-maker like Basu Chatterjee can accept this kind of dance choreography by Kamal.
- I have seen while I was studying in school, students linking with each other as couples. They cannot afford to raise a family but are ready to marry. This movie also highlights the same situation. Charandas (Anil Kapoor) first decides to be a bachelor to become a wrestling champion. Then, he falls in love with Chameli. The point remains that he is not earning anything. And he doesn’t seem to decide what he wants to do. After marriage, this man could leave the girl. He seems to be fickle-minded.
- How can a responsible advocate like Harish (Amjad Khan) support a good-for-nothing like Charandas to get Chameli? And would he pay for the expenses from his pocket?
- Which father would not get worried about his school-student daughter getting involved in love affairs? If Kallumal (Pankaj Kapur) and Champa (Barati Achrekar) impose restrictions on their daughter Chameli, are they to be blamed?
- Prakash Mehra, Anjaan and Farooq Qaisar’s lyrics are actually good. Kalyanji-Anandji have also set the tune well. But, they could have added a couple of more songs. The songs have been placed far in between.