The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The opening is for a Pharmacy Technician in Wichita, Kansas Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Pharmacy Technician – Wichita, Kansas
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 293912Start Date: 07/20/2020End Date: 08/07/2020
Applicants pending the completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met. Basic Requirements: U.S. Citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy. English Language Proficiency. Pharmacists must be proficient in spoken and written English as required by 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), and 7407(d). Education. A high school diploma or equivalent. Certification. Certification by the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) is required at grades GS-6 and above. May qualify based on being covered by the Grandfathering Provision as described in the VA Qualification Standard for this occupation (only applicable to current VHA employees who are in this occupation). GS-07 Requirements: you must have one year of experience equivalent to the next lower grade (06) which includes but is not limited to being assigned to any area of the pharmacy including expanded distributive function assignments; for example assignment as team leaders for specific process improvement teams involving technical areas or performing more highly complex duties including preparation of oncology agents for clinical pharmacy specialists. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate the following technical KSAs and the potential to
acquire the assignment specific KSAs designated by an asterisk (*):
*1. Ability to evaluate, analyze workflow, and coordinate work activities.
2. Ability to independently gather, evaluate, and analyze data to generate reports and/or for other projects/statistical purposes.
3. Knowledge of pharmacy policies and procedures sufficient to train and orient new employees and other staff
4. Comprehensive knowledge of the operation and care of specialized pharmaceutical equipment.
5. Comprehensive knowledge of the procurement and formulary process.
6. Comprehensive knowledge of investigational drug policies and procedures.
7. Comprehensive knowledge of controlled substance policies and procedures, and the ability to identify and investigate discrepancies in these policies and procedures.
8. Comprehensive knowledge of, and ability to, analyze data in VA information systems. References: VA Handbook 5005 Part II, Appendix G28, Pharmacy Technician Qualification Standards. Physical Requirements: Physical movements involve completion of routine pharmacy functions which include but are not limited to significant computer work/typing, prescription order entry and processing, contact of patients (both face to face and via phone). Certain tasks are repetitive in nature and require multiple steps performed in succession for success. The incumbent should be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds without significant difficulty. Incumbent must be able to stand or sit in one place for considerable time during completion of complex tasks. Complexity of mental processes involved is extensive, demanding, and challenging. The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-07.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!