Today’s second post is Badrinath Ki Dulhaniya (2017) – A Complete Analysis. Badrinath Ki Dulhaniya (2017) was touted as the sequel to Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhaniya (2014). But, it has a different story-line.
Badrinath Ki Dulhaniya (2017) – A Complete Analysis
- Strictly speaking, a sequel is where the main characters are the same. For example, the Dabangg series. But here – Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhaniya (2014) and Badrinath Ki Dulhaniya (2017) – the characters change and the actors playing them remain the same. In that case, Student of the Year (2012), starring the same lead actors, should be considered to be a prequel to Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhaniya (2014).
- Badrinath Bansal (Varun Dhawan) chases Vaidehi Trivedi (Alia Bhatt) all over the town. At the initial stages of the wooing, Vaidehi tells him that she will marry him if he rapes her. This she does sitting inside a bus within everybody’s earshot! This kind of overconfidence can land a girl into trouble.
- After Vaidehi agrees to get married to Badri, she runs away from the wedding altar. The reason is that she wants to become a flight attendant. While this is one of the movies promoting women empowerment, it does not give the right signal, i.e. Vaidehi runs away from her wedding venue to further her career. She could have convinced her family and that of Badri that she wanted to concentrate on her career. Vaidehi actually took Badri on a ride and then, dropped him like hot potatoes.
- Vaidehi is more educated and intelligent than Badri. They would have got married at the end. But, that is an end that the writer has given to the movie. In real life, girls prefer men, who are more educated than them. I have seen couples like Vaidehi and Badri, who have gone to the extent of divorce and acquired stress-related health issues.
- The music seems to be ok, with some melodious songs dropped in like Roke na ruke naina... But, the music of one of the most popular songs – Badri ki dulhaniya… is a direct lift from Chalat musafir mohliyare… from Teesri Kasam (1966).