The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Health And Human Services. The opening is for a Health Science Project Manager in Silver Spring, Maryland Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Health Science Project Manager – Silver Spring, Maryland
Food and Drug Administration, Department of Health And Human Services
Job ID: 277201Start Date: 06/22/2020End Date: 07/03/2020
The position of Health Science Project Manager falls under the 0601 occupational series. To qualify for this position at grade GS-14, you must meet Time-in-Grade requirements by 11:59 pm EST on 07/03/2020. Applicants must meet both the basic and minimum qualification requirements. Basic Qualification: Bachelor’s or graduate/higher level degree: major study in an academic field related to the medical field, health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position. This degree must be from an educational program from an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (external link) at the time the degree was obtained. AND Minimum Qualifications : Applicant must have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the GS-13 level in the Federal service that include 1) Managing and leading program operations related to public health regulatory programs and 2) Evaluating public health program performance. In accordance with Office of Personnel Management policy, federal employees are assumed to have gained experience by performing duties and responsibilities appropriate for their official series and grade level as described in their position description. Experience that would not normally be part of the employee’s position is creditable, however, when documented by satisfactory evidence, such as a signed memorandum from the employee’s supervisor or an SF-50 or SF-52 documenting an official detail or other official assignment. The documentation must indicate whether the duties were performed full time or, if part time, the percentage of times the other duties were performed. It is expected that this documentation is included in the employee’s official personnel record. In order to receive credit for experience in your resume that is not within the official series and grade level of your official position, you must provide a copy of the appropriate documentation of such experience as indicated above. If you are applying based on some other qualifying eligibility (i.e. you are not applying as a current Federal employee), you must meet the specific requirements of the eligibility you are claiming, and must have sufficient past experience to demonstrate that you are minimally qualified for this position. See Unique Hiring Paths on USAJOBS for more information about various ways you may be eligible to apply! Who May Apply:- Federal employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service;
– Former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility based on previous career or career-conditional appointments;
– Displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP);
– Veterans who are preference eligibles or who have been separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous active service;
– Military Spouses;- PHS Commissioned Corps Officers;- Individuals eligible for VEOA appointments (at the GS-11 and above grade levels);
– Individuals with disabilities who quality for a Schedule A appointment. PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps may apply online to this announcement. Candidates will be referred to (CC) personnel and not as candidates for conversion to a permanent career or career-conditional appointment. NOTE: It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date. To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the More Information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. Qualifications are based on breadth/level of experience. In addition to describing duties performed, applicants must provide the exact dates of each period of employment (from MM/YY to MM/YY) and the number of hours worked per week if part time. As qualification determinations cannot be made when resumes do not include the required information, failure to provide this information may result in disqualification. Applicants are encouraged to use the USAJOBS Resume Builder to develop their federal resume. You must submit supporting documentation to verify your eligibility to apply for this vacancy. For most applicants, an SF-50 will be required. However, if you are applying as a Veteran, individual with a qualifying disability, or a displaced employee, you will be required to provide other supporting documents as applicable. See the Required Documents section for details. Be sure that any files you upload as supporting documentation are free of security or compression features which render such documents unreadable to our system.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!