The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for an EDUCATIONAL TECHNICIAN in Mountain Home AFB, Idaho Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
EDUCATIONAL TECHNICIAN – Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
Air Combat Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 271833Start Date: 06/10/2020End Date: 06/24/2020
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Clerical and Administrative Support Positions, for the GS-1702, Education and Training Technician Series. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-04, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes an extensive body of youth programs rules and procedures requiring extended training and experience to plan and perform a wide variety of interrelated youth assignments and resolve a wide range of problems. Knowledge of child/youth theory, methodology, and practices relating to physical, intellectual, social, and nutritional development to effectively interact with the youth and design and implement activity plans and specialized programs depending on the individual needs of the youth. Knowledge of Youth Programs procedures to ensure processes such as receiving youth from parents, maintaining accountability of children and to ensure established procedures for preventing, treating, and reporting all child injury, illness, and/or abuse are adhered to.
EDUCATION: 4 years above high school with courses related to the occupation, if required. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts.
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: A combination of education and experience as described above may be used to qualify for this position. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of Child/Youth Development regulations, procedures, and processes.
2. Knowledge of early child/youth development theory, methodology, and practices relating to physical, cognitive, social, and emotional development.
3. Knowledge of Youth Programs regulations, programs, and operations.
4. Ability to develop creative and innovative activity and special program plans.
5. Ability to promote and foster effective working relationships with others and to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
6. Ability to ensure the safety and hygiene of children through constant supervision, effective arrangement of space, and proper management of equipment. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!