The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPEC in Ramstein, Germany Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPEC – Ramstein, Germany
U.S. Air Forces, Europe, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 267745Start Date: 06/04/2020End Date: 06/10/2020
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions. Click here to view: Qualification Standards SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service which includes knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques, together with the knowledge of pertinent policies, concepts and procedures affecting logistics functions to plan and evaluate effective logistic support for major programs or projects; knowledge of the relationship of procurement, distribution, budgeting, funding, programming, maintenance, storage and disposal of logistical operations is required. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-11 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-12 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of a wide range of federal and agency logistics concepts, principles, practices, procedures, and regulations applicable to a full range of logistics management to include cargo and passenger movement, supply chain management, equipment and vehicles management, vehicle maintenance, warehousing, deployment planning and operations, personal property movement, global fuels and cryogenics, and logistic plans under peacetime and wartime conditions, European Directives concerning military logistics, NATO agreements concerning logistics systems, Host Nation Status of Forces Agreements, Host Nation Laws and Directives to develop and recommend policies and procedures for the squadron and customer support.
2. Skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to issues or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of program operations.
3. Skill in analyzing issues and formulating solutions to complex problems.
4. Ability to analyze, plan, and adjust work operations of subordinate installations/organizational segments to meet program requirements and objectives within available resources.
5. Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, clearly, concisely, and with technical accuracy.
6. Ability to supervise employees. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!