The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a REALTY SPECIALIST in Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
REALTY SPECIALIST – Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
Air Force Materiel Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 262179Start Date: 05/19/2020End Date: 05/27/2020
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions.
listed below: SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-11, or equivalent in other pay systems. Specialized experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. To be creditable, specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization.. Due to the use of 120 day rosters, applicants within 120 days of completion of TIG requirements are encouraged to apply. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-11 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-12 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. Due to the use of 120 day rosters, this period of experience may be completed within 120 days of the closing date of this announcement. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the GS-11 grade/level or equivalent position in the federal service KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of real estate principles, policies, and methodologies in property acquisition management, and/or disposal.
2. Knowledge to function as technical authority and apply new theories and standards to problems not susceptible to treatment by accepted and established realty practices and procedures.
3. Knowledge of personnel management and EEO policies, practices and procedures.
4. Skill in analyzing and resolving conflicts in policy and program objectives and/or problems in very complex or controversial transactions involving complex negotiations.
5. Ability to gather, assemble, and analyze realty data to prepare budget estimates, develop alternatives, and make recommendations to resolve budget/funding problems. Ability to analyze data to determine changes and trends.
6. Ability to plan, organize, and develop realty studies or projects, making recommendations on substantive operating programs, and negotiating with others to accept and implement recommendations, where the proposals involve substantial resources.
7. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to prepare and present briefings, coordinate planning efforts and manage program activities.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!