The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The opening is for a LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (MOUNTAIN CITY) in Mountain City, Tennessee Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (MOUNTAIN CITY) – Mountain City, Tennessee
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 253141Start Date: 04/30/2020End Date: 05/15/2020
Basic Requirements: United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy. Education. Graduate of a school of practical or vocational nursing approved by the appropriate State agency and/or accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) at the time the program was completed by the applicant. Licensure. Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to as a graduate licensed practical or vocational nurse in any State. English Language Proficiency. Nurses appointed to direct patient-care positions must be proficient in spoken and written English as required by 38 USC 4105, 4114(f) and 5010(b). Preferred Experience:
1. Demonstrated interpersonal competence.
3. Experience in a variety of clinical settings.
4. Knowledge and ability to participate actively in teaching the patient/family/significant other.
5. Ability to function in outpatient clinics with minimal supervision.
6. Ability to recognize and respond to potential emergent patient situations.
7. BCLS- current, Licensed Practical Nurse license Grade Determinations: In addition to the Basic Requirements, applicants must also meet Grade Requirements as indicated in the qualification standard. The candidate’s qualifications must clearly demonstrate the level of competence required for the grade. GS-6: Completion of at least 1 year of additional qualifying experience at the GS-5 level or equivalent, fully meeting all performance requirements for the GS-6 LPN/LVN. References: A Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-13 LICENSED PRACTICAL OR VOCATIONAL NURSE QUALIFICATION. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. For more information on these qualification standards, please visit OPM’s web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications. The full performance level of this vacancy is GS 6. Physical Requirements: The LPN must be able to perform work that requires regular and recurrent walking, bending, lifting 45 pounds or more, stooping, reaching, stretching, and similar activities supporting various weights. This also includes frequently pushing medication carts, wheelchairs, lifts, and beds. The incumbent must be able to care for Veterans with various medical and psychiatric issues. At times, these Veterans exhibit unpredictable behavior. He/she must be able to work closely with others, have sufficient hearing to respond to various alarms, and must be able to communicate verbal and in writing.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!