The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a FINANCIAL MANAGER in Youngstown, Ohio Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
FINANCIAL MANAGER – Youngstown, Ohio
Headquarters, Air Force Reserve Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 247427Start Date: 04/21/2020End Date: 04/28/2020
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, for Administrative and Management Positions. BASIC REQUIREMENT OR INDIVIDUAL OCCUPATIONAL REQUIREMENT: In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below: Degree: accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. (The term “accounting” means “accounting and/or auditing” in this standard. Similarly, “accountant” should be interpreted, generally, as “accountant and/or auditor.”) OR Combination of education and experience: at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant’s background must also include one of the following: Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law; A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24-semester-hour requirement of paragraph A, provided that (a) the applicant has successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, e.g., valuation engineering or financial institution examining; (b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that the applicant has demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in paragraph A; and (c) except for literal non-conformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, the applicant’s education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicant must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service which includes; knowledge of accounting theories, practices, methods and techniques as well as knowledge of budgetary policies, precedents, goals, objectives, regulations and guidelines. Also, the ability to interpret new policies and directives as they apply to financial management to meet long and short-range goals. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-12 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-13 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of the organization missions, functions, applicable regulations, and their relationship to each other to determine the impact of financial transactions on internal and external operations.
2. Skill in gathering, assembling, consolidating, and analyzing financial data and drawing conclusions. Skill in written and oral communication sufficient to prepare reports and guidance and to provide briefings on controversial or complex topics.
3. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with and gain the cooperation of various levels of management within the Federal or private sectors. Ability to resolve complex or controversial issues or problems and provide advice and assistance on matters of equal difficulty.
4. Comprehensive and detailed knowledge and understanding of budgetary methods, practices, procedures, regulations, precedent decisions, and policies of the organization, the major command, and the agency. Knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to issues or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of program operations. Knowledge of the major issues, program goals and objectives, work processes and administrative operations of the organization.
5. Skill in adapting analytical techniques and evaluation criteria to the measurement and improvement of program effectiveness and/or organizational productivity.
6. Knowledge of personnel management principles, procedures, and regulations. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!