The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a MANAGEMENT ANALYST in Fort Sam Houston, Texas Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
MANAGEMENT ANALYST – Fort Sam Houston, Texas
Air Education and Training Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 240459Start Date: 04/06/2020End Date: 04/13/2020
QUALIFICATIONS: In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions for the GS-0343, Management and Program Analysis Series to include the Individual Occupational Requirements (IOR). SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-09, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to issues or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of program operations carried out by administrative or professional personnel, or substantive administrative support organizations. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the GS-09 grade/level position or equivalent in the federal service.
Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position or LL.M., if related. NOTE: You must submit a copy of transcripts.
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. NOTE: You must submit a copy of transcripts. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-09 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-11 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of Department of Defense (DoD), Joint Service and AF management engineering, organization and CPI principles, concepts, and methodologies.
2. Knowledge of process improvement techniques such as Lean ix Sigma, benchmarking,metric/statistical analysis, and process flow-charting.
3. Skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques used to resolve complex problems of a broad range of functional areas related to CPI.
4. Ability and skill using PC to operate data base managements stems, requirements analysis, and data manipulation and extraction techniques.
5. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; skill in conducting interviews with employees, supervisors, and management officials at MAJCOM and HQ USAF to obtain information about organizational missions. functions. and work procedures.
6. Ability to carry out and complete assignments involving complex work with diverse and dynamic groups by gaining their cooperation with tact, courtesy, and diplomacy and moving them towards an ownership of their objective without imposing personal bias. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!