The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The opening is for an ACUPUNCTURIST (MARQUETTE CBOC) in Marquette, Michigan Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
ACUPUNCTURIST (MARQUETTE CBOC) – Marquette, Michigan
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 239942Start Date: 04/03/2020End Date: 04/24/2020
Applicants pending the completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met. To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements within 15 days of the closing date of this announcement. Basic Requirements: U.S. Citizenship: Must be a citizen of the United States. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy. English Language Proficiency: Must be proficient in spoken and written English in accordance with VA Policy. Education: Must have (1) a Master’s degree in acupuncture or oriental medicine from a program accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM) (TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED); OR (2) Advanced level degree in acupuncture or oriental medicine from a program accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM). (TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED) Certification: Must be board certified through the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM). The board certification must be current and the acupuncturist must abide by the certifying body’s requirements for continuing education. (COPY OF CERTIFICATION REQUIRED) Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice acupuncture in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e. Puerto Rico) of the United States, or District of Columbia. (COPY OF LICENSE REQUIRED) IN ADDITION TO THE BASIC REQUIREMENTS APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING GRADE REQUIREMENTS: GS-9 Level:
Experience: None beyond the basic requirements. GS-11 Level:
Experience: In addition to the basic requirements, must have one year of creditable experience equivalent to the GS-9 grade level, which is directly related to the position to be filled.
Education: Doctoral degree or equivalent degree from an accredited college or university in an acupuncture or oriental medicine. TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED.
Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA). In addition to the experience above, the candidate must demonstrate all of the following KSAs:
1. Ability to screen referrals and direct veterans to other services as appropriate.
2. Ability to formulate an appropriate differential diagnosis.
3. Ability to formulate an acupuncture treatment plan independently or with other health care professionals.
4. Ability to educate patients on health lifestyle changes including nutrition, exercise, sleeping habits, stress management, mind body techniques and other matters related to acupuncture care. This includes the ability to communicate with individuals of varying backgrounds.
5. Skill in the selection and use of the appropriate acupuncture tools and supplies based on needs of the patient. References: VA Handbook 5005/100, Part II, Appendix G53. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-11. The actual grade at which an applicant may be selected for this vacancy is in the range of GS-9 to GS-11. Physical Requirements: The employee works and functions in the medical center in a safe manner, including infection control and the correct operation of equipment.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!