The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Defense. The opening is for an IT Project Manager (PLCYPLN) in Battle Creek, Michigan Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
IT Project Manager (PLCYPLN) – Battle Creek, Michigan
Defense Logistics Agency, Department of Defense
Job ID: 233956Start Date: 03/24/2020End Date: 04/06/2020
To qualify for an IT Project Manager (PLCYPLN) your qualifications must include: One year of specialized experience that equipped you with the particular competencies to successfully perform the duties of the position and is directly in or related to this position. To qualify at the GS-13 level, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service, military or private sector. Applicants must meet eligibility requirements including time-in-grade (General Schedule (GS) positions only), time-after-competitive appointment, minimum qualifications, and any other regulatory requirements by the cut-off/closing date of the announcement. Creditable specialized experience includes: – Incumbent must conceptualize the scope, formulate detailed plans & approaches, negotiate resources with senior leaders and the DLA customer, and then implement the complex technical work which often spans across the entire Agency.
– Evaluates projects to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, and policies.
– Incumbent conducts In-Progress Reviews (IPRs) with senior leadership and other stakeholders to ensure project scope, schedule, and costs are consistent, relevant, and synchronized with organizational goals and policies.
– Provides highly technical and complex administrative functions with regard to the accomplishment of system management support services for assigned IT.
– Familiarization with working Agile Project Management. For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
1. Attention to Detail – Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service – Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication – Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving – Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!