The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for an INSPECTIONS SPECIALIST in Dobbins AFB, Georgia Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
INSPECTIONS SPECIALIST – Dobbins AFB, Georgia
Headquarters, Air Force Reserve Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 233265Start Date: 03/24/2020End Date: 03/30/2020
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management positions. Specialized Experience- At least one year of specialized experience at the GS-09 grade level (or higher) or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience which includes inspection and/or compliance principles, concepts, and practices sufficient to conduct inspections, interpret complex policies/regulations, recognize and resolve discrepancies and/or inconsistencies among findings; qualitative and/or quantitative methods for the analysis and improvement of program effectiveness or the involvement of complex management processes and systems. OR
Education: Have successfully completed a Ph.D or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M. in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work of the position. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your official transcripts. OR
Combination: I have less than the full amount of specialized experience required but I have more than 2 years of graduate level education with a major or subject area related to the position to be filled. Therefore, I have a combination of experience and education. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your official transcripts. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of DoD, Joint, and AF policies, instructions, and regulations directing the management of the unit/installation CCIP program, and governing operations and plans programs.
2. Knowledge of unit/installation mission requirements, vulnerabilities, operational and computer security policies, inspection program goals and objectives, internal controls, and operations of a wide variety of organizations.
3. Knowledge of Air Force Smart Operations for the 21st Century, and qualitative and/or quantitative methods sufficient to gather and analyze facts, identify trends, and draw conclusions.
4. Skill in applying analytical and evaluative techniques to the identification, consideration, and resolution of issues or problems concerning efficiency and effectiveness of CCIP and inspection/exercise program operations.
5. Skill in conducting interviews with supervisors, technical experts, and employees to obtain information about organizational missions, functions, interrelationships, inspection activities, internal controls, and work procedures.
6. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. ARTs are eligible for 15 days active duty tour each year for which military leave is granted with full civilian pay. Air Reserve units and members; are subject to immediate call to active duty in mobilization to meet a national emergency. For additional information regarding ART positions and/or military qualifications, please call 1-800-257-1212. Retired military are usually ineligible for membership in the AF Reserve. Retired military that have active AF Reserve assignments may apply provided they show assignment (position) on the application. A military service member’s statement of service/certification will be accepted IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided. The statement/certification should indicate member’s separation from active duty is within 120 days of the closing date of this announcement. It must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Your preference and/or appointment eligibility will be verified prior to appointment. Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave. Individuals selected for ART positions must meet both civilian qualifications and uniformed military requirements. In addition to meeting civilian qualifications, applicants must obtain military membership in the Air Force Reserve, wear the uniform, maintain job-specific military specialty requirements, and meet other military qualifications such as age, height, weight, and physical fitness standards. For more information click here and speak with an Air Force Reserve Recruiter.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!