The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for an Information Technology Specialist (PLCYPLN) in Lackland AFB, Texas Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Information Technology Specialist (PLCYPLN) – Lackland AFB, Texas
U.S. Air Force – Agency Wide, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 234042Start Date: 03/25/2020End Date: 04/07/2020
***Salary Ranges includes local market supplement*** This is a GG-15 position in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). The GG-15 duties for the “Professional” work category are at the “Expert” work level and are equivalent to those at the GS-15 level. The selectee’s salary will be set within the grade equivalent to a GS/GG grade based on the selectee’s qualifications in relation to the job. In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. NOTE: You must meet both the Basic Qualifications and Specialized Experience requirements stated below: BASIC REQUIREMENTS: For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below. The employing agency is responsible for identifying the specific level of proficiency required for each competency at each grade level based on the requirements of the position being filled.
Attention to Detail – Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
Customer Service – Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
Oral Communication – Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
Problem Solving – Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations. NOTE: IN ADDITION TO MEETING THE BASIC REQUIREMENTS ABOVE APPLICANT MUST ALSO MEET THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS LISTED BELOW. Specialized Experience: Your resume must reflect the quality level of experience which demonstrates the possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies necessary for successful job performance required for this position. Examples of creditable experience include: Mastery of advanced management and organizational principles, practices, regulations, laws, methods, and techniques to manage the executive services staff and various programs.2. Knowledge of Air Force organizations, Intelligence Community agencies, Air Force Instructions and Intelligence Community Directives governing information technology planning, cybersecurity assessment and authorization and cyberspace operations. Note: Creditable experience may include previous military experience, experience gained in the private sector, or experience gained in another government agency. OR Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/2200/information-technology-it-management-series-2210-alternative-a/ KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Mastery of advanced management and organizational principles, practices, regulations, laws, methods, and techniques to manage the executive services staff and various programs.
2. Knowledge of Air Force organizations, Intelligence Community agencies, Air Force Instructions and Intelligence Community Directives governing information technology planning, cybersecurity assessment and authorization and cyberspace operations.
3. Knowledge of personnel management, EEO, safety and security regulations, practices, and procedures.
4. Skill in analyzing difficult organizational issues and problems involving organizational operations and the ability to develop, prepare, or recommend new or revised directives, policies, and implementing instructions; and developing and presenting unique or adaptive solutions targeted for any particular aspect of the organization’s operation.
5. Ability to plan, organize, and direct the functions and mentor, motivate, and appraise the staff of an organization through subordinate supervisors. Must work well with others and lead with compassion and understanding.
6. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!