The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a HEALTH TECHNICIAN in Hickam AFB, Hawaii Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
HEALTH TECHNICIAN – Hickam AFB, Hawaii
Pacific Air Forces, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 234017Start Date: 03/25/2020End Date: 03/31/2020
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Technical and Medical Support Positions, to include the Individual Occupational Requirements (IOR) for the GS-0640, Health Aid and Technician series. Click here to view occupational requirements for this position. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-06, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes basic biological and physical sciences; preventive medicine; fundamentals of microbiology, chemistry, anatomy, physiology, and pathology of the human body; terminology, medical standards, medical profiles, medical entomology programs; food science and technology; food handler training; food and water safety and security principles; medical food inspection; laboratory procedures; sanitary evaluations; public facility sanitation; prevention and control of food borne, waterborne, and vector borne diseases; communicable disease prevention and control; epidemiology; occupational health (including hearing conservation); medical readiness (including medical intelligence, deployment processing, and deployment surveillance); medical personnel management and administration; medical service organization and function; basic medical information management (including database management) and written and oral communication and instruction. OR
EDUCATION: Successful completion of one full year of graduate level education or an internship at an accredited institution, qualifies as Specialized Experience at the GS-07 level, in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position. One year of full-time graduate education is considered to be the number of credit hours that the school attended has determined to represent 1 year of full-time study. If that information cannot be obtained from the school, 18 semester hours should be considered as satisfying the 1 year of full-time study requirement. Part-time graduate education is creditable in accordance with its relationship to a year of full-time study at the school attended. NOTE: You must submit a copy of transcripts FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-06 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-07 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of basic biology and physical sciences; preventive medicine; fundamentals of microbiology, chemistry, anatomy, physiology, and pathology of the human body
2. Knowledge of medical terminology, medical standards, medical profiles
3. Working knowledge of public health procedures such as occupational health, audiometric testing, food science, food handling and inspection, food and water safety, water and vector borne diseases, communicable disease prevention, etc.
4. Working knowledge of medical personnel management and administration
5. Knowledge of medical service organization and function
6. Knowledge of basic medical information management (including database management) and written and oral communication and instruction PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!