The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF JOINT EXERCISES & TRAINING in Offutt AFB, Nebraska Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF JOINT EXERCISES & TRAINING – Offutt AFB, Nebraska
Air Force Elements, U.S. Strategic Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 233486Start Date: 03/24/2020End Date: 03/30/2020
“This is a Supervisory Position.” A 1 year supervisory probationary period is required if applicant selected has not previously met this requirement. QUALIFICATIONS: In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions, Miscellaneous Administration and Program Series, 0301. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-14, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of level plans and programs for conducting major operations; Knowledge of joint exercise and training functions, operations, policies, procedures, and practices and the concepts, theories, and practices of the specialist work performed in the subordinate organizations. Knowledge of process and procedures for joint training implementation, to include in-depth knowledge of the DoD, Joint Staff, and service departmental structures and relationships. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-14 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-15 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of joint exercise and training functions, operations, policies, procedures, and practices and the concepts, theories, and practices of the specialist work performed in the subordinate organizations.
2. Knowledge of joint training policy and guidance issues related to joint doctrine.
3. Knowledge of process and procedures for joint training implementation, to include in-depth knowledge of the DoD, Joint Staff, and service departmental structures and relationships.
4. Knowledge of personnel management, EEO, and safety and security regulations, practices, and procedures.
5. Ability to plan, organize, and direct the functions and mentor, motivate, and appraise the staff of an organization through subordinate supervisors.
6. Ability to analyze, plan, and adjust work operations of one or more organizational segments to meet program requirements and objectives within available resources.
7. Ability to execute projects and/or studies within established financial and/or time constraints. As required, design, build, program and use models and simulation techniques to facilitate findings.
8. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!