The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The opening is for a Pharmacy Technician in Dayton, Ohio Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Pharmacy Technician – Dayton, Ohio
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 220129Start Date: 02/26/2020End Date: 03/12/2020
Applicants pending the completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met. Basic Requirements: United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy. Education or Experience. A high school diploma or equivalent; or at least 3 months experience. Certification. Certification by the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) is required at grades GS-6 and above. English Language Proficiency. Pharmacy technicians appointed to direct patient care positions must be proficient in spoken and written English. May qualify based on being covered by the Grandfathering Provision as described in the VA Qualification Standard for this occupation (only applicable to current VHA employees who are in this occupation). Preferred Experience: PTCB certification is required at this grade level and above. Grade Determinations: Experience. One year experience at the next lower level, and must fully meet the KSAs at the next lower level. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate the following technical KSAs and the potential to acquire the assignment specific KSAs designated below: Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Ability to solve problems and make recommendations, e.g., troubleshoot operational problems and refer for appropriate action.
2. Knowledge of the operation and care of automated equipment.
3. Knowledge of, and ability to follow, written instructions for compounding with aseptic technique for hazardous materials such as oncology agents.
4. Knowledge, and ability to perform, compounding with aseptic technique for routine sterile products.
5. Knowledge of policies and procedures for inventory management in specialized areas such as emergency carts.
6. Knowledge of the computerized prescription process demonstrated by the ability to input prescriptions and medication orders. References: VA HANDBOOK 5005/15 PART II APPENDIX G28 The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-6. Physical Requirements: Some of the work involves extended periods of time standing, sitting or doing computer work. Duties regularly involve lifting/carrying of pharmaceutical supplies weighing up to 40 pounds, lifting to stock shelves, bending/stooping, and walking to various parts of the Dayton VA Medical Center grounds which involve some minor exertion. Endurance of very stressful periods may be required due to uncontrollable workload demands. This position requires average agility and dexterity. Professional appearances per pharmacy dress code, attitude and demeanor are required.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!