The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a FINANCIAL QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST in Dover AFB, Delaware Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
FINANCIAL QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST – Dover AFB, Delaware
Air Mobility Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 215128Start Date: 02/20/2020End Date: 02/26/2020
QUALIFICATIONS: In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service which includes knowledge of qualitative and quantitative techniques for analyzing and measuring the effectiveness and efficiency of financial operations; reliability of financial reporting; and compliance with applicable laws and regulations; in-depth knowledge of analytical and evaluative methods and techniques in order to research, develop, modify/maintain qualitative standards, develop statistical measures, and to identify, establish, and monitor trends; and detailed, intensive knowledge of the policies, precedents, goals, objectives, regulations, and guidelines of a functional area such as financial oversight, budget formulation, and/or budget execution. OR
EDUCATION: Successfully completed a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work of the position, such as Finance. NOTE: You must submit copies of your college transcripts. OR
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-09 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-11 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of commonly used accounting methods, practices, procedures, regulations, policies, and processes, and the ability to articulate this information to employees, supervisors, budget analysts, and various managers at local and command level.
2. Knowledge of missions, functions, goals, objectives, work processes, and sources of funding pertinent to installation programs and organizations.
3. Knowledge of financial management (military pay, civilian pay, and travel) and accounting terminology/structures, and the interrelationships of accounts and the effect of transactions on the overall system of ledgers.
4. Knowledge of automated data processing concepts and systems capabilities to accomplish required tasks; and an understanding how the internal systems interact and relate to input and output data.
5. Ability to gather facts, assemble and analyze data reflected in accounting reports; evaluate methods to accurately assess information and make sound decisions; and correct deficiencies.
6. Ability communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to justify, defend, present, and/or advise on accounting/disbursing processes/actions. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!