The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a BUDGET ANALYST in Kirtland AFB, New Mexico Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
BUDGET ANALYST – Kirtland AFB, New Mexico
U.S. Air Force – Agency Wide, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 215310Start Date: 02/20/2020End Date: 02/26/2020
QUALIFICATIONS: In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service which includes applying financial analysis, and review reports, documents records, data or other materials for authenticity. Applies laws, regulations, policies, standards or procedures to specific financial issues. OR
EDUCATION: Successfully completed a Ph.D or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M. in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work of the position. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your college transcripts. OR
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-09 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-11 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of the DoD programming, planning, and budgeting system, financial management and controls, and commonly used budgetary methods, practices, procedures, regulations, policies, and processes.
2. Knowledge of operational test and evaluation organizational structure, concepts, principles, practices and applicable codes, regulations, policy, and issues.
3. Skill in communicating effectively both orally and in writing, negotiating complex issues, and maintaining good working relationships.
4. Skill in formulating, justifying, and/or executing assigned budgets/programs and negotiating and/or defending findings and program support concepts.
5. Ability to plan, organize, and negotiate effectively with senior analysts and management to accept and implement recommendations, where proposals involve substantial resources.
6. Ability to manage and route external and internal funding documents through the use of standard processes and automated financial accounting systems. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!