The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a PUBLIC AFFAIRS SPECIALIST in Peterson AFB, Colorado Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
PUBLIC AFFAIRS SPECIALIST – Peterson AFB, Colorado
Headquarters, Air Force Space Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 211666Start Date: 02/12/2020End Date: 02/19/2020
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-07, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices of a public affairs program and written and oral communication principles, methods, and techniques to conduct and coordinate public affairs activities to develop intercommunication between the agency and a variety of publics. Knowledge of the organization’s operations and functions sufficient to communicate accurate information. Knowledge of concepts, principles, policies, and practices involved in communicating information through visual means which may include illustrations, photography, presentations. television/motion picture production, and base cable access television. OR
EDUCATION: Master’s or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B or J.D. in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work of the position, such as Political Communication or Public Communication. NOTE: You must submit copies of your official college transcripts. OR
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-07 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-09 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices of a public affairs program and written and oral communication principles, methods, and techniques to conduct and coordinate public affairs activities to develop intercommunication between the agency and a variety of stakeholders.
2. Knowledge of the organization’s operations and functions sufficient to communicate accurate information.
3. Knowledge of concepts, principles, policies, and practices involved in communicating information through visual means which may include illustrations, photography, presentations, television/motion picture production, and base cable access television.
4. Skill in gathering, evaluating, and interpreting information to identify potential problems, arrive at valid conclusions and offer meaningful recommendations and/or resolutions to recurring precedented assignments.
5. Skill in working with people to establish and maintain effective working relationships with groups interested in or affected by AF and local installation/organization programs and policies and producing written information conveying complex information to public stakeholders with different levels of understanding.
6. Ability to plan and develop news stories, features, and quasi-technical articles. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!