The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Health And Human Services. The opening is for a Supervisory Environmental Engineer in Bemidji, Minnesota Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Supervisory Environmental Engineer – Bemidji, Minnesota
Indian Health Service, Department of Health And Human Services
Job ID: 209795Start Date: 02/07/2020End Date: 02/20/2020
To qualify for this position, your resume must state sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are applying. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you MUST submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume. BASIC REQUIREMENT(S):
A). Degree: professional engineering. To be acceptable, the curriculum must:
1. Be in a school of engineering with at least one curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) as a professional engineering curriculum; or
2. Include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) static’s, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics.
B). Combination of education and experience –college-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying professional engineering, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their application to one of the branches of engineering. The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by one of the following:
1. Professional registration: Current registration as professional engineer by any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico.
2. Written Test: Evidence of having successfully passed the Engineer-in-Training (EIT) examination, or the written test required for professional registration, which is administered by the Boards of Engineering Examiners in the various States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and Guam.
3. Specified academic courses: Successful completion of at least 60 semester hours of courses in the physical, mathematical, and engineering sciences and in engineering that included the courses specified in the basic requirement. The courses must be fully acceptable toward meeting the requirement of a professional engineering curriculum as described in paragraph A.
4. Related curriculum: Successful completion of a curriculum leading to a bachelor’s degree in engineering technology or in an appropriate professional field, e.g., physics, chemistry, architecture, computer science, mathematics, hydrology, or geology, may be accepted in lieu of a degree in engineering, provided the applicant has had at least 1 year of professional engineering experience acquired under professional engineering supervision and guidance. Ordinarily there should be either an established plan of intense training to develop professional engineering competence, or several years of professional engineering-type experience.
In addition, to the Basic Requirements, you must also meet the Minimum Qualifications stated below- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Your resume must demonstrate at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector performing the following type of work and/or tasks: For GS-12: Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector that includes demonstrated professional knowledge of engineering; Experience performing duties as a project engineer in the planning, design, and construction of sanitation facilities; serving as Contracting Officer’s Representative; scheduling all phases of sanitation projects to include multiple contract coordination; performing topographic, alignment surveys, and engineering calculations to create detailed designs.
SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FACTOR: The following Selective Placement Factor has been determined to be essential for this position. Applicants must possess a current Professional Engineering (P.E.) license issued by a State, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. Territory. Failure to possess such license will result in a “Not Qualified” rating. A copy of your P.E. license must be submitted with your application. SUPERVISORY ABILITIES: This is a supervisory position and candidates, in addition to the qualification requirements described above, must have demonstrated in their work experience or training, that they possess, or have the potential to develop, the qualities of successful management, as required for the position. You must meet all qualification requirements within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!