The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Defense. The opening is for a Visual Information Specialist in Multiple Locations Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Visual Information Specialist – Multiple Locations
National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, Department of Defense
Job ID: 206262Start Date: 02/03/2020End Date: 02/15/2020
MANDATORY QUALIFICATION CRITERIA: For this particular job, applicants must meet all competencies reflected under the Mandatory Qualification Criteria to include education (if required). Online resumes must demonstrate qualification by providing specific examples and associated results, in response to the announcement’s mandatory criteria specified in this vacancy announcement: 1. Demonstrated experience in graphic design, including layout, visual hierarchy, typography, color, and/or composition. 2. Demonstrated experience creating visualizations of numbers and statistical data using infographics (information graphics) and/or visual storytelling to communicate design ideas.
3. Demonstrated experience using Adobe Creative Suite (CS) including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and/or Acrobat. EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: A. Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Commercial Arts, Graphic Arts, Graphic Design, Visual Communication, Data Visualization, Imaging and Digital Arts, or a related field. -OR- B. Combination of Education and Experience: A minimum of 24 semester (36 quarter) hours of coursework in any area listed in option A, plus experience designing, producing, and finishing visual presentation products, or a related area that demonstrates the ability to successfully perform the duties associated with this work. As a rule, every 30 semester (45 quarter) hours of coursework is equivalent to one year of experience. Candidates should show that their combination of education and experience totals 4 years. -OR- C. Experience: A minimum of 4 years of experience designing, producing, and finishing visual presentation products, or a related area that successfully demonstrates the ability to perform the duties associated with this position.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATION CRITERIA: In addition to the mandatory qualifications, experience in the following is desired: 1. Demonstrated experience with cartography, especially thematic cartography, GIS, and creating effective visualizations of spatial data with related geospatial software, such as Avenza MAPublisher and ESRI ArcGIS.
2. Experience as a graphic designer or related work role for the Federal Government, specifically the Military and Intelligence Communities.
3. Demonstrated experience interfacing with customers at various levels to meet their requirements. 4. Demonstrated experience designing and developing intuitive, graphical user interfaces (GUI) for desktop and mobile devices.
5. Demonstrated ability to prioritize and satisfy multiple requirements on time, in an environment where requirements frequently change.
6. Demonstrated project management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects with short deadlines.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!