The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a Supervisory Housing Compliance Specialist in Bexar County, Texas Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Supervisory Housing Compliance Specialist – Bexar County, Texas
AF Installation and Mission Support, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 202979Start Date: 01/28/2020End Date: 02/03/2020
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-13, or equivalent in other pay systems. Specialized experience includes creating and/or developing laws, regulations, principles, policies and practices to ensure oversight, control and compliance of assigned programs. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-13 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-14 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of public and private laws, Federal, DoD, and Air Force laws, regulations, principles, policies and practices of housing programs.
2. Knowledge of safety and security regulations, practices, and procedures; knowledge of the execution of Private Sector Financing (Privatization) as it applies to the Air Force Family Housing Program and associated initiatives.
3. Skill in analyzing, interpreting, and applying a wide variety of policy and procedures.
4. Skill in analyzing, planning, and adjusting work operations of organizational segments to meet program requirements and objectives within available resources; researching, analyzing, interpreting, and applying rules, regulations, and procedures in a variety of situations; developing conclusions and recommending solutions based on justifiable facts and evidence.
5. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; skilled at ability to formulate/disseminate staff packages and criteria, develop/conduct briefings, and present issues and recommendations to gain support for assigned programs.
6. Ability to plan, organize, and direct the functions and staff of a small to medium sized organization. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!