The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a MEDICAL ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST in Dobbins AFB, Georgia Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
MEDICAL ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST – Dobbins AFB, Georgia
Headquarters, Air Force Reserve Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 202512Start Date: 01/28/2020End Date: 02/03/2020
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions for the GS-0301, Miscellaneous Administration and Program Series. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Specialized experience which has given you the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) as shown below required to successfully perform the duties of the position. This includes knowledge and experience in applying medical administrative, personnel, training and performance/process improvement concepts, principles, and theories; and qualitative and quantitative analysis methods relating to the management of the medical unit and the medical force protection programs. At least one year of the specialized experience must have been of a level of difficulty and responsibility comparable to that of the GS-09 grade in the Federal service. OR
EDUCATION: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts. OR
LL.M., if related. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts. OR
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts. Federal Time-In-Grade (TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-09 grade level or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of advanced management analytical and evaluation methods and a thorough understanding of how regulatory programs are administered to select appropriate evaluations and measurement techniques to determine extent of compliance with directives and program objectives.
2. Knowledge of medical operations and management principles, policies and procedures, and a comprehensive knowledge of medical plans, programs, and requirements.
3. Knowledge of and experience working within the Air Force Reserve Medical Service Mission, organization, programs, and functions, to include carrying out a squadron’s medical training and administrative programs, to ensure effective accomplishment of the medical mission.
4. Knowledge of business statistical analysis techniques and applications to measure the effectiveness, efficiency, productivity and mission preparedness of established medical programs.
5. Knowledge of a wide range of technical/professional medical administrative concepts, theories, procedures and techniques, as well as a specialized knowledge of wartime medical operations and missions.
6. Knowledge of Air Force medical exercise and contingency planning and programming concepts and a thorough knowledge of squadrons medical mission, equipment specifications (Allowance Standards) and operational parameters.
7. Knowledge of medical, fiscal, personnel and various other administrative programs throughout the Air Force Reserve, in order to conduct studies, analyze findings, and make recommendations on substantive program changes within the unit. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!