The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The opening is for an Adv Medical Support Assistant in Washington, District of Columbia Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Adv Medical Support Assistant – Washington, District of Columbia
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 199600Start Date: 01/31/2020End Date: 02/10/2020
To apply for this position, you must have the following qualifications: (a) Citizenship: Citizen of the United States
(b) English Language Proficiency: Must be proficient in spoken and written English
(c) Experience: Six months experience of clerical, office or other work that indicates the ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position;
Education: One year above high school;
Experience/Education Combination: Equivalent combination of experience and education are qualifying for entry level for which both education and experience are acceptable.
(d) Grandfathering Provision: All MSAs employed in VHA in this occupation on the effective date of this qualification standard are considered to have met all qualification requirements for the title, series and grade held, that are part of the basic requirements of the occupation. For employees who do not meet all the basic requirements required in this standard, but who met the qualifications applicable to the position at the time they were appointed to it, the following provisions apply:(1) Such employees may be reassigned, promoted or demoted within the occupation.(2) Employees who are appointed on a temporary basis prior to the effective date of the qualification standard may not have their temporary appointment extended or be reappointed, on a temporary or permanent basis, until they fully meet the basic requirements of the standard.(3) If an employee who was converted to title 38 hybrid status under this provision leaves the occupation, the employee loses protected status and must meet the full VA qualification standard requirements in effect at the time of reentry to the occupation. EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT- In addition to meeting the basic requirements above, you must also have related experience to qualify for this position as described below. EXPERIENCE: Must have at least one (1) year of experience equivalent to the next lower graded level (GS-5) that equipped you with the experience in clerical or office work that indicates the ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position for example: scheduling appointments, including interpreting and verifying provider orders in accordance with VHA national scheduling guidelines; scheduling, canceling, re-scheduling patient’s appointments and/or consults; entering no-show information; monitoring the electronic wait list; preparing for clinic visits; monitoring both inpatient and outpatient appointments for areas of responsibility; ensuring encounter forms are completed in order to obtain appropriate workload credit; verifying and updating demographics and insurance information; etc. You will be rated on the following Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other characteristics (KSAOs) as part of the assessment questionnaire for this position: 1. Ability to collaborate, communicate, set priorities, and organize the work in order to meet deadlines, ensuring compliance with established processes, policies, and regulations.
2. Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively, both orally and in writing, in order to meet program objectives. This may include preparing reports in various formats and presenting data to various organizational levels.
3. Advanced knowledge of the technical health care process as it relates to access to care.
4. Advanced knowledge of managing a clinic. This includes independently utilizing reference sources, decision making, and empowering the team to collaborate and resolve problems within a complex systems environment.
5. Advanced knowledge of policies and procedures associated with operational activities that affect the patient flow, patient care, and the revenue process.
6. Advanced knowledge of medical terminology due to the technical nature of language utilized by clinicians. Grade Determinations: One year of experience equivalent to the next lower grade level GS-5. References: VA HANDBOOK 5005 PART II APPENDIX G45 The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-6. Physical Requirements: This work is partly sedentary and requires bending, walking, standing, and carrying or pulling of items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Work Schedule: 8 hour shift between 7:30 am – 5:30 pm, Monday – Friday
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized.
PCS expenses: Not authorized.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!