The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a PROGRAM ANALYST in Location Negotiable After Selection, United States Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
PROGRAM ANALYST – Location Negotiable After Selection, United States
U.S. Air Force – Agency Wide, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 199100Start Date: 01/23/2020End Date: 02/05/2020
This is a GG-14 position in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). The GG-14 duties for the “Professional” work category are at the “Senior” work level and are equivalent to those at the GS-14 level. The selectee’s salary will be set within the grade equivalent to a GS/GG grade based on the selectee’s qualifications in relation to the job. EXPERIENCE: Your resume must reflect the quality level of experience which demonstrates the possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies necessary for successful job performance required for this position. Examples of creditable experience include: Knowledge and ability to consolidate various information sources to support strategy development, key strategic processes; and overall development, assessment, and improvement of Air Force and Joint-service plans, concepts, and war games. Note: Creditable experience may include previous military experience, experience gained in the private sector, or experience gained in another government agency. -OR- To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=GS-ADMIN KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge and ability to consolidate various information sources to support strategy development, key strategic processes; and overall development, assessment, and improvement of Air Force and Joint-service plans, concepts, and war games.
2. Knowledge of a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods to participate in the development, assessment, and improvement of Air Force and Joint-service strategies, plans, concepts, and war games.
3. Knowledge of Air Force and Joint strategy, goals, objectives, and capabilities; perspectives on the present and future international security environment, and methods of evaluating the effectiveness of war games.
4. Ability to synthesize complex, and often competing, information and viewpoints to determine best course of action. Ability to advocate recommendations across the Air Staff and to senior Air Force leaders.
5. Ability to plan, organize, and negotiate effectively with senior analysts and management to accept and implement recommendations, where proposals involve substantial resources, and require extensive changes in established concepts and procedures.
6. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, negotiate complex issues, and maintain good working relationships. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!