The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The opening is for a Pharmacy Technician in Milwaukee, Wisconsin Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Pharmacy Technician – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 195808Start Date: 01/24/2020End Date: 02/03/2020
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement. BASIC REQUIREMENTS
U.S. Citizenship: Must be a citizen of the United States. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy. English Language Proficiency: Must be proficient in spoken and written English in accordance with VA Handbook 5005, part II, chapter 2, section D, paragraph 5a. Education or Experience: A high school diploma or equivalent; or at least 3 months experience associated with the scope of Pharmacy Technician practice. Certification: Certification by the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) is required at the GS-6 level and above. A COPY OF YOUR CERTIFICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH YOUR APPLICATION. In addition to meeting the Basic Requirements listed above, you must meet the following GRADE REQUIREMENTS: GS-6 GRADE REQUIREMENTS
Specialized Experience: Must have one year of experience equivalent to at least the next lower level (GS-5) that equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. You must fully meet the KSAs at the GS-5 level which includes: ability to operate and care for automated dispensing devices and equipment; knowledge of, and ability to perform, aseptic technique; knowledge of basic inventory procedures; and knowledge of pharmacy information systems.
You must demonstrate the following Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to solve problems and make recommendations, e.g., troubleshoot operational problems and refer for appropriate action.
2. Knowledge of the operation and care of automated equipment.
3. Knowledge of, and ability to follow, written instructions for compounding with aseptic technique for hazardous materials such as oncology agents.
4. Knowledge, and ability to perform, compounding with aseptic technique for routine sterile products.
5. Knowledge of policies and procedures for inventory management in specialized areas such as emergency carts.
6. Knowledge of the computerized prescription process demonstrated by the ability to input prescriptions and medication orders. NOTE: You must have a certification by the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) to qualify at the GS-6 level. (Copy of certification required) References: VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G28 – (Pharmacy Technician Qualification Standard). The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-6. Physical Requirements: For the most part the incumbent will perform the duties of this assignment in a standing, bending, stooping or sitting position. Some climbing on stools or ladders may be necessary. From time to time it may be necessary to transport moderate to heavy case items (20-60 pounds) to wards, around the medical center, and pharmacy areas to replenish stock.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!