The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The opening is for a Dietitian in Augusta, Georgia Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Dietitian – Augusta, Georgia
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 196232Start Date: 01/16/2020End Date: 02/06/2020
Basic Requirements: Citizenship. United States Citizenship. Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy. Education: The individual must have earned a bachelor’s degree from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university, and fulfilled each of the following criteria: 1. Completed a didactic program in dietetics accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND), formerly known as the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetic Education (CADE). 2. Completed a ACEND (formerly CADE) accredited supervised practice program.Supervised practice programs are post-baccalaureate degree programs that provide supervised practice experiences which meet the eligibility requirements and accreditation standards of ACEND, formally known as CADE. Completion of a coordinated program in dietetics fulfills the requirements of a supervised practice program. Time spent in a dietetic internship or supervised practice program does not qualify as creditable experience. Registration/Certification. All applicants must be registered with the CDR, the credentialing branch of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics formerly known as the American Dietetic Association (ADA). (Applicants must submit a copy of their current registration with application). English Language Proficiency. Applicants appointed to direct patient care positions must be proficient in spoken and written English. Grade Determinations: GS-7 Dietitian Experience or Education. None beyond the basic requirements. Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities. In addition to the experience above, the candidate must demonstrate the following KSAs:
1. Basic knowledge of principles and practices of dietetics and Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT).
2. Ability to provide nutrition care utilizing the Nutrition Care Process (NCP) to patients, family members and/or caregivers considering psycho-social issues and age-appropriate, evidence-based nutrition practice guidelines.
3. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with patients, family and/or caregiver, and other professional healthcare providers (e.g., tailoring to audience and use of medical terminology).
4. Ability to plan and organize work consisting of multiple tasks and priorities under direct supervision
5. Basic knowledge of, and ability to use, current information technology operations, software, hardware, terminology, security requirements, and capabilities.
6. Knowledge of basic food production and service for various populations which incorporates principles of sanitation, safety, and menu planning within a healthcare environment.
7. Knowledge of educational concepts, methods, and the ability to execute existing education and training activities for Nutrition and Food Services (NFS) employees. GS-9 Dietitian Experience or Education. At least 1 year of experience equivalent to the next lower grade level or education equivalent to 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education, or master’s degree from an accredited university or college in the field of dietetics or closely related field. Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities. In addition to the experience above, the candidate must demonstrate the following KSAs:
1. Ability to plan and organize work of considerable difficulty and responsibility, under general supervision.
2. Knowledge of various food preparation and delivery systems within a healthcare environment.
3. Knowledge of educational concepts, methods, training materials, and resources and the ability to develop and conduct education and training programs for NFS employees.
4. Ability to participate in research studies and conduct performance improvement studies and document findings to evaluate staff, food, supplies, equipment, and service, in order to improve the efficiency of the operation.
5. Knowledge of the principles and practices of clinical dietetics including NCP and MNT in order to plan, develop, and coordinate nutrition interventions, including enteral and parenteral nutrition, interdisciplinary care plans, and nutrition education activities that promote Veteran health, wellness and lifestyle management. GS-11 Dietitian Experience or Education. At least 1 year of experience as a registered dietitian equivalent to the next lower grade level, or education equivalent to 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education, or a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree from an accredited university or college in the field of dietetics or closely related field. Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities.
1. In addition to the experience above, the candidate must demonstrate the following KSAs:
a. Knowledge of best practices in the dietetics profession and in scientific literature, including knowledge of research methods, study design, data collection, interpretation of findings, and translation of results into nutrition practice.
b. Ability to comply with various accrediting, regulatory, and agency authorities.
c.. Ability to develop and maintain a system of internal reviews and direct quality control and performance improvement studies.
d. Knowledge of computer software programs relative to food service systems. 2. In addition to the KSAs identified in subparagraph 1 above, candidates for clinical nutrition positions must demonstrate the following.
a. Knowledge of the principles and practices of nutrition care and the treatment of complex cases in clinical settings in order to develop, implement and coordinate best practices in the dietetics profession.
b. Knowledge of best practices in areas of clinical nutrition and the ability to apply nutrition interventions to patients with multiple co-morbidities.
c. Ability to act as a consultant for health care providers including registered dietetic technicians, dietetic interns, nurses, physicians, medical students, and allied health professionals. 3. In addition to the KSAs identified in subparagraph 1 above, candidates for food service systems management positions must demonstrate the following.
a. Ability to direct food service and production with focus on customer acceptance and budgetary guidelines to include principles of menu planning, food purchasing, delivery schedules, and ability to estimate food quantities
b. Ability to develop and maintain a system of internal reviews and direct quality control and performance improvement studies.
c. Knowledge of computer software programs relative to food service systems
d. Knowledge of the principles of management required to establish program goals and objectives, to plan and administer a program, coordinate associated activities, evaluate program accomplishments, redefine priorities, solve problems, and modify objectives. References: Candidates must meet all requirements identified in the VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G20, Dietitian Qualification Standards http://vaww1.va.gov/ohrm/HRLibrary/Dir-Policy.htm The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-11. The actual grade at which an applicant may be selected for this vacancy is in the range of GS-7 to GS-11. Physical Requirements: Light Lifting (15 lbs); Reaching above shoulder; Use of fingers; Both hands required; Walking; Standing; Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; Near vision correctable at 13″ to 16″; Far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and 20/40 in the other; Ability to distinguish basic colors; Hearing (aid permitted); Emotional and mental stability.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!