The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a TRANSPORTATION ASSISTANT (PERSONAL PROPERTY/OA) in Colorado Springs, Colorado Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
TRANSPORTATION ASSISTANT (PERSONAL PROPERTY/OA) – Colorado Springs, Colorado
Headquarters, Air Force Space Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 193763Start Date: 01/13/2020End Date: 01/28/2020
In order to qualify, you meet the education/specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Group Coverage Qualification Standard for Clerical and Administrative Support Positions. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-05, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes knowledge of an extensive body of transportation rules, procedures or operations governing entitlements and documentation requirements of domestic or foreign shipments to perform a wide variety of interrelated or nonstandard procedural assignments and resolve a wide range of problems pertaining into the personal property function. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-05 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-06 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of the full range of transportation operations as related to the shipment and storage of personal property and POVs.
2. Knowledge of the instructions, regulations, directives, local operating procedures, governing entitlements, and shipment and storage of personal property and POVs.
3. Knowledge of basic office automation software to perform functions such as standardized word processing, faxing, scanning, copying, and receipt of transmission of electronic mail.
4. Skilled in the Transportation Operational Personal Property Standard System (TOPS) and other supporting systems.
5. Skill in typing; a qualified typist is required.
6. Ability to analyze, correlate, and evaluate transportation shipment data for input into automated data systems.
7. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!