The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a SERVICE CONTRACT MONITOR in Minot AFB, North Dakota Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
SERVICE CONTRACT MONITOR – Minot AFB, North Dakota
U.S. Air Force – Agency Wide, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 193754Start Date: 01/14/2020End Date: 01/21/2020
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule, Clerical and Administrative Support Positions. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience for GS-1101-07 level positions which includes business practices, industry standards, and market conditions applicable to program and technical requirements to evaluate purchase proposal acceptability, bid responsiveness, contractor responsibility, and/or contractor performance; contracting regulations, principles, and procedures applicable to pre-award and post-award duties sufficient to review a wide range of specialized equipment, supply, service, and construction contracts and contract changes for propriety of acquisition method, contract type, and documentation and to conduct analyses. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the GS-06 grade/level position or equivalent in the federal service. OR
Education: One full year of graduate level education in a field directly related to the work of the position. NOTE: You must submit a copy of transcripts. OR
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. NOTE: You must submit a copy of transcripts. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-06 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-07 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of commonly used contracting methods sufficient to perform procurement, such as ECARs, ABSS and other systems, when the contract actions are well defined.
2. Knowledge of federal government procurement regulations and requirements regarding government purchase card usage.
3. Knowledge of contract negotiation techniques and lawful regulations.
4. Knowledge of CTARS and Surveillance reports to review contract employee and service outcomes against the contract.
5. Skill in solving practical problem relating to contract procurement and supply, equipment and service procurement as well.
6. Skill in dealing with coworkers, peers, and other entities to bolster work relationships. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!